Rhoda Keener and Carolyn Heggen
A first Sister Care: Level 2 “Going Deeper” week-end retreat led by Carolyn Heggen and Rhoda Keener will be offered October 2-4, 2015 at Camp Hebron north of Harrisburg, Pa. Helen Miller, Lancaster, is now accepting registrations. We encourage you to register soon as space is limited and the lodging accommodations are varied. Access the brochure at https://www.mennonitewomenusa.org/resources/sister-care-seminars/.
The retreat will include new material while building on the core concepts from the original Sister Care seminar. (Prerequisite: Attend Sister Care Level 1 seminar or view Sister Care DVD and read manual.)
As women we rarely have the opportunity to reflect on our own life journeys. Come, join others as we go deeper with Sister Care core teachings and grow in our ability to:
- See ourselves as God sees us and know that we are truly beloved.
- Clarify how we want to use the rest of our one precious life so that we spend our time and energy in ways that help fulfill our life calling and mission.
- Develop skills to establish healthy boundaries in friendships, family relationships, and commitments in the church, community, and work.
- Identify wounds from the past that still need God’s healing touch and learn tools for deep healing.
- Explore ways of helping others through times of despair and sorrow.
- Recognize and celebrate God’s grace and love in our lives.
Sister Care: Level 2 “Going Deeper” provides time for personal reflection, table conversations, and learning activities. Rhoda Keener, Sister Care Director
(Carolyn and Rhoda will be doing a workshop about the new Sister Care DVD resource at Kansas City 2015 in Room 2205 on Thursday, July 2 from 2-3 pm. They are also doing a workshop on Sister Care Level 2 on Saturday from 2-3pm.)